- Objective (Does it address hazmat safety?)
- Impact (How many departments/communities will benefit?)
- Need (Are other resources available?)
- Value (What is the cost/benefit ratio?)
Join The Committee
Tier II Reporting FAQs
- Any fixed facility with an Extremely Hazardous Substance (EHS) at the Threshold Planning Quantity (TPQ), or 500 pounds, whichever is less, as identified in the US EPA Title III consolidated list of lists, is required to report. An example of the TPQ/500 pounds requirement is sulfuric acid, which has a TPQ of 1,000 pounds that drops to 500 pounds for Tier II reporting. You can find this list here.
- Any fixed facility with 10,000 pounds, or more, of a material with a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) that indicates an OSHA communicated health hazard, is required to report.
Reports are due no later than March 1st every year for materials maintained on-site during the previous calendar year.
- State Emergency Response Commission (SERC)
South Carolina requires the use of E-Plan to satisfy reporting requirements. For more information on state reporting requirements, visit the SCDHEC website.
- Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC)
The Greenville County LEPC accepts E-Plan submissions. You are not required to mail a paper copy of your report, but may do so if you choose. Please make sure your billing email address is clearly stated on your submission. All invoices will be emailed to the email address indicated on your report.
- Local Fire Department
Reporting requirements vary. Please contact your local fire department.
- The hazardous substance user fee will be calculated using the following schedule: $25 per Hazardous Substance (HS) and $50 per Extremely Hazardous Substance (EHS) with a cap at $2,500.
- To view the ordinance that establishes the hazardous substance user fee, Download PDF.
No. An invoice will be emailed to the contact listed on your report, unless we receive a request to use a different email address. All payments are due by August 1st and can be made through the link provided in the emailed invoice.