Think Before You Burn
Understand the laws about burning.
Respect the weather.
Never leave your fire.
How to prepare your home for wildfires
- To reduce ember ignitions and fire spread, trim branches that overhang the home.
- Remove plants containing oils, and waxes.
- Use crushed stone or gravel instead of flammable mulches.
- Keep your landscape in good condition.
- Class A fire-rated roofing products, such as composite shingles, metal, concrete, and clay tiles, offer the best protection.
- Never store flammable materials underneath decks or porches. Remove dead vegetation and debris from under decks and porches and between deck board joints.
Stay safe after a wildfire
- Continue to check air quality reports.
- protect yourself against ash when you clean up. wear gloves, long-sleeved shirts, long pants, and shoes and socks to protect your skin. Wear goggles to protect your eyes.
- Be careful around damaged buildings or structures.
- Drive safely.